Monday, February 18, 2013

Tardis Shawl


If you're like me, you only recently heard of this site, but if you're more of an internetting-pro, I'm sure it's old news. Anyway, I recently (within the last year) started browsing reddit. Quickly, I found the Knitit subreddit and fell in love. I'm SO glad I did find it because recently there was a sign up for a Knitters vs Crocheters swap! How awesome! I immediately signed up and then became really nervous.

What if my match wants a huge blanket? What if their likes aren't that similar to mine and I'm unfamiliar with their likes?! What if they want something that's above my skill level?! What if, what if, what if!!!!!

As you can tell, I'm a crazy worrier and it's mostly all for naught. I was paired with someone who asked for a lace project (I've only ever done like two lace projects) and a Dr. Who themed item. I don't watch Dr. Who. OH NO!!!!!!


Luckily, I found Bigger on the Inside from Knitty's Spring/Summer 2012 edition!

First few rows of the lace portion

I actually just finished the shawl this evening. I still have to weave in ends and block it, but at least it's off the needles! 


Blurry Eleanor tries to get in close for a look.
By next time I'll have all the ends woven in and it'll be blocked.  I'm so excited to share the fully finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment